We were driving around San Diego one afternoon and saw an Old Town Trolley pass by and we realized that we've never actually been on the Old Town Trolley Tour! We always see these green and orange trolleys zip by around town full of happy people, so we decided that in the upcoming weekend, we will be San Diego tourists for a day and ride the Old Town Trolley.
You can hop on the Old Town Trolley at any of their stops and purchase a ticket, but we decided to start off our sightseeing tour at Old Town, the birthplace of California. It was a gloomy Saturday and there was a little bit of San Diego rain, but that didn't deter us to enjoy our day. San Diego has a different look and feel during the rain. You'll see in our pictures all the awesome things we saw. We didn't make it to Old Town until noon, and the sightseeing tour was only available until 5pm that day, so we decided not to stop at all the stops. Here's a list of all the stops that the Old Town Trolley makes:
- A. Old Town San Diego State Historic Park - Old Town State Historic Park, Old Town Market, Casa de Aguirre, Old Town Community, Heritage Park, Mormon Battalion, Immaculate Conception Church, El Campo Santo Cemetery, Whaley House, La Casa de Estudillo, Presidio Park, Fiesta de Reyes
- B. San Diego Harbor Cruise Ship Terminal/Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum - SEAL Tours of San Diego, Maritime Museum, Harbor Cruises, Whale Watching Excursions, Intl. Visitor Information Center, Next Level Sailing, Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum, Embarcadero Marina
- C. Seaport Village - Seaport Village, SEAL Tours of San Diego, 57 One-of-a-Kind shops, Galleries, Restaurants, Headquarters San Diego
- D. Marriott Marquis & Marina - San Diego Convention Center, Coming Together Statue, MLK Jr. Promenade, Children's Park & Pond, Children's Museum
- E. Horton Plaza - Horton Plaza Department & Specialty Stores, Gaslamp Quarter, Movie Theater and Restaurants
- F. Gaslamp Quarter - William Heath Davis House, Historic District, Gaslamp Quater Walking Tour, Boutique Shops, Restaurants, Bars, Galleries, Chinese Historic District
- G. Hilton Bayfront - Bay Front Park, Petco Park Baseball Stadium, Embarcadero Marina Park, Restaurants, Ferry to Coronado Ferry Landing, Public Parking Garage
- H. Coronado Ferry Landing - Picturesque views of downtown San Diego from across the bay, Shops and Restaurants, San Diego/Coronado Ferry
- I. McP's Irish Pub near Hotel Del Coronado - Hotel del Coronado, Coronado Beach, Walking Tours, Shops, Galleries and Restaurants, McP's Irish Pub & Grill, Visitor Center
- J. Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, El Prado Museums - Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, Museums, Spreckles Organ Pavilion, Visitors Center, Restaurants
- K. Little Italy - Boutique Shops, Restaurants, Antique Shops, Piazza Basilone Memorial, Amici Park, Saturday Mercato Farmers Market
Here's our Experience! Scroll through the photos of each stop. Due to time, we only made stops A, B, C, I, and K. Stop J was closed due to Balboa Park's December Nights event. Only more reason as to why we have to take the tour again!
A. Old Town Trolley San Diego Historic Park
B. San Diego Harbor Cruise Ship Terminal/Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum
C. Seaport Village
I. McP's Irish Pub near Hotel Del Coronado
K. Little Italy
Back to A. Old Town Trolley San Diego Historic Park
So this was how we spent our Saturday afternoon in San Diego. In 5 hours time, thanks to the Old Town Trolley Tour, we learned so much about the city we live in! This tour is not just for visitors of the city. It was kind of fun when people in the bus asked where we were from and we would say Mission Valley. Their response was, where is that?
We leave you with this. A car we saw parked in Old Town! It was a great day for the Experience San Diego team! The rain didn't put a damper in our day, it only made our tour unique! Happy Holidays!